The time has come, Adventurer! Kyprosa is waiting, hand outstretched. She has opened the Gate to the Garden of the Gods and we’re celebrating this epic moment with a music video contest with YOU as the director.
That’s right. We want to see your skills in action. We’ll provide the music and you’ll do the magic, telling us the story of your ArcheAge journey to the Gate and beyond as only you can. Or for an extra cinematic challenge, recreate the story of the Library Expedition’s legendary journey. Whether anime, cartoon, live-action starring yourself, or a montage of in-game scenes, there’s no limit to your creativity. Discover what’s deep inside you. Let your imagination run free and create a video worthy of the grand prize and bask in the immortal glory like one of the Twelve. Show us who you are. Your path. Your destiny.
Three winners will receive incredible prizes from GIGABYTE.
On July 13th, a jury of ArcheAge team members will select the top submissions. From July 14th you, the public, will vote for your favorite video. Video creators are also eligible to vote. Cast your ballots here.
The winning videos will be announced July 17th during an exclusive live stream on Twitch.tv and will make their debut on Facebook, Twitter, Discord, Forum and our blog.
Contest starts: June 23rd, 2020
Video length: No shorter than 90 seconds and no longer than the length of the song.
Submission format: Post your video via Twitter with the following hashtags:
Submission deadline: July 13th,2020, at 10:00 AM CEST
Discover more of Invocation Array’s story-driven electronic music here in anticipation of their soon-to-be-released third album, Arctiinae, featuring eleven new songs!
Our general Terms and Conditions apply (click here). gamigo reserves the right to exclude persons from participating should they have reasonable suspicion of rule violation.
The following conditions govern the course of the “To the Gate and Beyond – Music Video Contest” (“Contest”) as organized by gamigo US Inc., 350 Marine Park Way, Redwood City, CA, 94065, USA (“gamigo”).
1. Eligibility, Participants and Participation
(1) Participation in the contest is free. Participants must be at least twelve years old. If the participant is under the age of eighteen, the parent or guardian must have given their consent to participate in the competition.
(2) "Participant" means anyone who is eligible to participate pursuant to paragraph 1 and who complies with the terms and conditions of participation set forth in these General Terms and Conditions between 06.23.2020, 23.59 CEST and 07.17.2020, 23.59 CEST ("Participation Period").
(3) The task of the contest is the independent creation of an ArcheAge music video via Twitter (“Music Video”) using the music provided to tell either the story of your ArcheAge journey “To the Gate and Beyond” or recreate the story of the Library Expedition’s legendary journey. The music video may be anime, cartoon, live-action starring yourself, or a montage of in-game scenes. The entry (“Entry”) must be submitted via Twitter using the hashtag #ArcheAgeGotG. Videos should be no shorter than 90 seconds and no longer than the length of the song.
(4) There is no limit how many entries each participant may submit. Entries submitted outside of the participation period as will not be considered.
(5) Employees of gamigo and companies associated with gamigo, as well as relatives thereof, participate but are excluded from receipt of any prizes.
(6) gamigo may present (“Presentation”) the videos on Facebook, Twitter, Discord, Twitch.tv., Forums, Blogs and Newsletters of gamigo.
2. Winners and Prizes
(1) All entries will be published on our website on 07.14.2020 10:00 AM CEST. The winner will be determined by a public vote on our website from 07.14.2020 10:00 AM CEST to 07.17.2020 10:00 AM CEST. The video with the most votes is the “winner”.
(2) gamigo will inform the winners no later than 07.31.2020 10:00 AM CEST via their Twitter account used for the entry(“Notification”). The winners will receive prizes as part of the contest announcement. gamigo reserves the right to replace individual prizes with equivalent or superior prizes. The winners will be announced in various social media such as Twitch.tv, Twitter, Facebook, Website and Forum (“Announcement”).
(3) gamigo will ask the winners in the notification to send in their full name, address and zip code in response to the announcement up to 08.14.2020, at the latest (“Response”). Responses that gamigo receives late or does not receive at all will lead to loss of entitlement to the respective prize.
(4) The prizes are considered to be handed over by gamigo to the winner upon delivery to the service provider. If a prize cannot be delivered due to an incorrect address provided by the winner or refused acceptance (including unsuccessful delivery attempts due to the absence of the winner), this is at the expense of the respective winner. gamigo then does not owe any further delivery attempts.
3. Rights of Use and Indemnity
(1) For the purpose of participation in the contest, gamigo grants the participant the free-of-charge, non-exclusive, revocable right to use the gamigo logo, the ArcheAge title, ArcheAge characters and game content for the creation of the video.
(2) For the purposes of the presentation, the participant grants gamigo the free-of-charge, non-exclusive, irrevocable right to use the respective video without limitation of time and place. This includes the rights of exploitation and reproduction, as well as the right to make the video publicly available and grant usage rights to third parties, in so far as this is necessary within the context of the presentation.
(3) By submitting their entry, the participant provides assurance that they produced the video themselves, guarantees that this does not infringe on the rights of third parties and indemnifies gamigo against all claims from third parties based on the infringement of third party rights in connection with the video.
4. Data Privacy
(1) gamigo will retrieve, process and use the provided personal data of each participant (this includes the full name, address and zip code provided by the winners) within the scope of the applicable legal data protection requirements and exclusively for the purposes of holding the contest (this includes the review of the right to participate and compliance with the rules as well as the announcement and the presentation).
(2) The personal data collected will be stored for the duration of the contest and then subsequently deleted once it ends. The presentation which, for reasons of transparency, is principally always kept permanently available for retrieval, will not be deleted within this period unless otherwise requested by the respective winner. To the extent that legal retention requirements stipulate longer-term storage, the affected data will be deleted at the latest following the expiry of such obligations and will only be processed for the purposes of compliance with these retention requirements.
gamigo, its bodies, employees, and subcontractors are liable exclusively for willful intent and gross negligence, regardless of legal basis, and in cases of ordinary negligence, only for the violation of essential contractual obligations and limited to foreseeable damages, as far as not precluded by other compulsory statutory provisions. These limitations do not apply for the loss of life, personal injury or damage to health.
6. Final Provisions
(1) The participant agrees to these Terms and Conditions with their entry.
(3) Should a participant infringe upon the rules during the execution of the contest, or such an infringement be proven thereafter, their eligibility to participate may be revoked.
(4) gamigo reserves the right to end the contest before the end of the participation period, if for technical or legal reasons its proper execution cannot be guaranteed.
(5) The contractual relationship is governed by German law to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and the referral regulations of international private law. If the participant has as his usual domicile a location in another country within the European Union during the extent of the contest, the validity of the strictly applicable legal regulations of the country in question shall remain unaffected by the choice of law made in the prior sentence.
(6) In the event that any individual provisions of these Terms and Conditions become ineffective, the remaining provisions shall remain effective and binding. Statutory rules shall take the place of the ineffective provision.
1. Eligibility requirements: The Contest is open to fans ages twelve (12) and over.
2. How to enter: Submit your video via Twitter using hashtag #ArcheAgeGotG. Submissions: Videos should be no shorter than 90 seconds and no longer than the length of the song. All entries must be received no later than July 13,2020, at 10:00 AM CEST. Each participant is allowed an unlimited number of submissions.
3. Judging: A committee of judges from the ArcheAge team will review all eligible entries before shortlisting the best videos based on creativity and quality. Once these top videos have been selected, they will be put to a public vote to determine the winning video.
4. Prizes: Three winners will be determined based on the highest number of votes. The first-place winner, which is the winner with the overall highest number of votes, will receive an Aorus K9 keyboard + Headset Aorus 5 + Gigabyte Aorus M5 Mouse with a total approximate retail value of €295. The second-place winner will receive a Headset Force H3 Black with an approximate retail value of €50. The third-place winner will receive a Gigabyte Optical Gaming Mouse M6900 with an approximate retail value of €30.
5. Notification of Winners: Contest winners will be announced during a live stream on Twitch.tv on July 17th, 2020.